Sunday, August 30, 2009

NEW SCHOOL YEAR/NEW THINGS.

I am now back at MCAD, home of my heart, taking some amazing classes--my favorite being Typography I with Erik Brandt.
Here is a fun little exercise that he had us do:We had to write "typography" in each of the little squares in whatever fashion we'd like and then base a larger typographical drawing on one or more of the smaller ones. I loved it because I felt challenged to look at type as decorative rather than as a word with meaning; a great primer to future Graphic Design projects.

3 comments:

mnelson said...

I love the middle one. That seems like a fun class!

Anna said...

OMGosh! The one of the bottom with the glasses and the face is AWESOME!

Karlisha Gray said...

I really like these Tuesday. I would love to see a whole book of this nicely bound.... nicely bound